How to create luxurious garden space, despite cost of living pressures
LifestyleHomes and GardensUpdates to home and garden may not be top of your spending priorities right now, as most people save to counter rising costs. But with minimal spend, you can update garden space to lift your spirits and help you enjoy the summer. Here’s how….
Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet says Warrington Wolves will be dangerous when they rediscover their form
SportRugby LeagueMatty Peet is expecting a lively atmosphere at the DW Stadium on Friday night when Wigan Warriors welcome Warrington Wolves. By Amos WynnThursday, 4th August 2022, 4:00 pm The two teams go head-to-head in Super League, while The Locker Cup is also up for grabs. Peet believes despite Warrington’s poor campaign this year, they will be back battling for play-off places next season.
Wigan ranked as one of the best spots for garden stargazing following study
The town has come second only to Lincoln, according to a study conducted by DIY business The Paint Shed. The study looked at 182 locations across the UK, working out which gardens were the best for exploring the sky at night. The places were assessed on access to private gardens, air pollution, light pollution and rainfall.
Emily Borthwick going for Commonwealth gold
The 24-year-old lost her brother Connor in November last year after he died in an industrial accident in Blackburn, leaving the Tokyo Olympian heartbroken. Borthwick had been in good form before the tragedy, claiming her first senior medal in the women’s high jump at the 2021 British Championships to qualify for the Olympics.
Switching bank account could help you save up to £200 off energy bills – here’s how
Santander is now offering households cashback on their energy bills and extra money if they switch accounts. The bank is giving out free cash to anyone who opens a 123, 123 Lite, Select or Private current accounts. Customers will get 4% cashback, which has doubled from 2%, on their gas and electricity bills paid by direct debit in September and October. Sign up to our daily newsletterIt comes as experts predict that energy bills could rise to £3,358 from October and £3,616 from January.
Apple introduces next-generation iPad Pro, supercharged by the M2 chip
Apple today announced the new iPad Pro with the M2 chip, delivering the ultimate combination of portability, versatility, and unbelievable performance. The new iPad Pro features a next-level Apple Pencil hover experience and superfast wireless connectivity, along with the world’s most advanced mobile display, pro cameras, Face ID, Thunderbolt, and a four-speaker audio system. New features in iPadOS 16 — including Stage Manager, full external display support,1 desktop-class apps, and Reference Mode — take pro workflows on iPad even further. Enabled by its advanced hardware and iPadOS 16, iPad Pro has an incredible ecosystem of powerful pro apps unlike any other device of its kind. The new iPad Pro is available to order starting today, and in stores beginning Wednesday, October 26.
“The next-generation iPad Pro pushes the boundaries of what’s possible on iPad, bringing even more versatility, power, and portability to the ultimate iPad experience,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Powered by the M2 chip, the new iPad Pro features incredible performance and the most advanced technologies, including a next-level Apple Pencil hover experience, ProRes video capture, superfast wireless connectivity, and powerful iPadOS 16 features. There’s nothing else like it.”
- iPad Pro in space gray.
- iPad Pro in silver.
- iPad Pro in 11-inch and 12.9-inch sizes.
Breakthrough Performance from the M2 Chip
M2, the start of Apple’s next generation of M-series chips, brings even more breakthrough performance and capabilities to iPad Pro, with industry-leading power efficiency, a unified memory architecture, and custom technologies.
M2 features an 8-core CPU — up to 15 percent faster than M1 — with advancements in both performance and efficiency cores, and a 10-core GPU, delivering up to 35 percent faster graphics performance for the most demanding users. Combined with the CPU and GPU, the 16-core Neural Engine can process 15.8 trillion operations per second — 40 percent more than M1 — making iPad Pro even more powerful when handling machine learning tasks. The M2 chip also features 100GB/s of unified memory bandwidth — 50 percent more than M1 — and supports up to 16GB of fast unified memory, making multitasking and working with large assets even more fluid.2
The performance of M2 turbocharges even the most demanding workflows, from photographers editing massive photo libraries and designers manipulating complex 3D objects, to healthcare professionals taking advanced imaging and analysis, to gamers enjoying graphics-intensive games. The power of M2 also extends to the new media engine and the image signal processor, which combined with the advanced cameras, enable users to capture ProRes video for the first time and transcode ProRes footage up to 3x faster. This means content creators can capture, edit, and publish cinema-grade video from a single device out in the field.
- Editing a video using DaVinci Resolve on iPad Pro.
- Editing an image using Adobe Photoshop on iPad Pro.
- Editing using Affinity Publisher 2 on iPad Pro.
- Editing a scene using Octane X on iPad Pro.
- Editing on uMake on iPad Pro.
A Next-Level Apple Pencil Hover Experience
Powered by the new iPad Pro and iPadOS 16, hover with Apple Pencil (2nd generation) provides a completely new dimension for users to interact with their screen. Apple Pencil is now detected up to 12 mm above the display, allowing users to see a preview of their mark before they make it. This also allows users to sketch and illustrate with even greater precision, and makes everything users do with Apple Pencil even more effortless. For example, with Scribble, text fields automatically expand when the pencil gets near the screen, and handwriting converts to text even faster. Third-party apps can also take advantage of this new feature to enable entirely new marking and drawing experiences.
Pause playback of video: Apple Pencil hover experience on iPad Pro.
The Apple Pencil hover experience detects up to 12 mm above the display, allowing users to see a preview of their mark before they make it.
Superfast Wireless Connectivity
The new iPad Pro supports the fastest Wi-Fi connections with support for Wi-Fi 6E,3 so users who need fast connections can take their demanding workflows with them everywhere. Downloads are up to 2.4Gb/s, 2x faster than the previous generation. Wi-Fi + Cellular models with 5G (sub-6GHz and mmWave4) now support more 5G networks around the world, so users can access their files, communicate with colleagues, and back up their data in a snap while on the go.5
Unmatched Pro Features Enabled by iPadOS 16
In addition to big updates to Messages, new tools in Mail and Safari, the new Weather app, and more ways to interact with photos and video with Live Text and Visual Look Up, iPadOS 16 also introduces powerful productivity features that elevate the iPad Pro experience:
- Stage Manager is an entirely new multitasking experience that automatically organizes apps and windows, making it quick and easy to switch between tasks. Later this year, Stage Manager will unlock full external display support with resolutions of up to 6K, so users will be able to arrange the ideal workspace, and work with up to four apps on iPad and up to four apps on the external display.
- Desktop-class apps enable new capabilities optimized for the display on iPad Pro — making apps more capable with new elements and interactions, including a consistent undo and redo, a redesigned inline find-and-replace experience, a new document menu, customizable toolbars, and the ability to change file extensions, view folder size in Files, and more.
- Reference Mode enables the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with Liquid Retina XDR display to match the color requirements in workflows like review and approve, color grading, and compositing, where accurate colors and consistent image quality are critical. That means pro users, including photographers and videographers, can edit HDR images and videos with every true-to-life detail right in their hands, and cinematographers on set can preview content in a color profile that represents the final capture.
- iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard hooked up to Studio Display using Stage Manager on iPadOS 16.
- iPad Pro customizing Pages on iPadOS 16.
- iPad Pro using Reference Mode in Frame.io on iPadOS 16.
iPad and the Environment
The new iPad models are designed to minimize their impact on the environment and include 100 percent recycled gold — a first for iPad — in the plating of multiple printed circuit boards, as well as recycled aluminum, tin, and rare earth elements. All iPad models meet Apple’s high standards for energy efficiency and are mercury-, BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium-free. Redesigned packaging in the new iPad Pro eliminates the outer plastic wrap, and 99 percent of the packaging is fiber based, bringing Apple closer to its goal of completely removing plastic from all packaging by 2025.
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and by 2030, plans to be 100 percent carbon neutral across the entire manufacturing supply chain and all product life cycles. This means that every Apple device sold, from component manufacturing, assembly, transport, customer use, charging, all the way through recycling and material recovery, will have net-zero climate impact.
Pricing and Availability
- The new iPad Pro is available to order beginning today, October 18, at apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the US, with availability in stores beginning Wednesday, October 26.
- The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro will be available in silver and space gray finishes with 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, and 2TB configurations.
- The 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $799 (US) for the Wi-Fi model and $999 (US) for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model; the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at $1,099 (US) for the Wi-Fi model, and $1,299 (US) for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
- Apple Pencil (2nd generation), available for purchase separately, is compatible with the new iPad Pro for $129 (US).
- Magic Keyboard is available in black and white for $299 (US) for the new 11-inch iPad Pro and $349 (US) for the new 12.9-inch iPad Pro, with layouts for over 30 languages.
- The Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro is available for $179 (US) for the new 11-inch iPad Pro and $199 (US) for the new 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
- The Smart Folio is available in black, white, and marine blue for $79 (US) for the new 11-inch iPad Pro and $99 (US) for the new 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
- Education pricing is available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff, and home-school teachers of all grade levels. The new 11-inch iPad Pro starts at $749 (US), and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at $999 (US). The second-generation Apple Pencil is available for $119 (US), and the Smart Keyboard Folio is available for $159 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $179 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. The Magic Keyboard will be available at $279 (US) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and $329 (US) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. For more information visit apple.com/us-hed/shop.
- iPadOS 16, the powerful operating system designed specifically for iPad, will be available beginning Monday, October 24, and ships for free with the new iPad Pro. iPadOS 16 will be available as a free software update for iPad (5th generation and later), iPad mini (5th generation and later), iPad Air (3rd generation and later), and all iPad Pro models.
- Customers can trade in their current iPad and get credit toward a new one. When their device has been received and verified, Apple will credit the value to their payment method.
- Engrave iPad with a meaningful mix of emoji, names, initials, and numbers, all for free, available only at apple.com/store or in the Apple Store app.
- Apple provides customers with a number of services in-store and online. From personalized support and advice from Apple Specialists to convenient delivery and pickup options, Apple ensures the best way to buy Apple products is from Apple Store locations and apple.com/store.
Apple’s new iPhone 13 is better, but not by much
It is a story that now happens just about every September: Apple introduced new iPhones that have slightly bigger screens, faster speeds and better cameras — but no new major advances.
In a prerecorded infomercial, Apple executives framed the improvements in the new iPhone 13 as significant innovations, but they result in a device that looks and performs much like the iPhones that Apple touted last year.
Apple said the new iPhones have a brighter screen, longer battery life and more powerful cameras and computer processors. Having already pushed the screen nearly to the edge of the device, Apple slightly increased its size by reducing the small notch at the top of the screen. Apple kept the same flat-edge design of the phone that it has used in other recent models.
Apple is hoping that by adding new features and making slight design improvements, customers will keep shelling out more money. It is a strategy that has worked for a long time. The iPhone, now in its 14th year, remains one of the world’s best-selling products and the centerpiece of Apple’s business. Over the first half of the year, the latest period available, Apple said iPhone sales rose 58 percent to $87.5 billion over the same period a year earlier.
Continue reading the main story
That success is partly because Apple has built an intensely loyal customer base, and also because it has designed its products in a way that makes it difficult for customers to switch to the competition, like Samsung and Google. The iPhone also remains among the best smartphones on the market in several areas, including camera technology and screen resolution.
Apple spent much of its advertisement showing off the iPhone’s new “cinematic mode,” a camera technology that can automatically follow and focus on a subject, resulting in videos that more closely resemble professional movies.
- Thanks for reading The Times.
Subscribe to The Times
Apple’s emphasis on advanced camera technology in its iPhones is a reflection of its hefty investment in artificial intelligence to compete with Google.
A few years ago, Google’s Pixel smartphones used the search giant’s prowess in artificial intelligence to leapfrog the iPhone’s camera capabilities. But over the last few years, Apple made several aggressive moves to catch up, acquiring several A.I. start-ups and hiring a top A.I. executive from Google, John Giannandrea. Partly as a result, its newer iPhone cameras have received higher ratings than the Pixel.
As in past years, Apple unveiled two separate versions of the new iPhone: the entry-level iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, and the more expensive and advanced iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. Apple largely kept prices flat from last year’s models.
Online Tone Generator App That Will Help to generate any frequency tones
If you’re looking for a way to generate any frequency tones, you should try an online tone generator app. These apps are easy to use and can help you produce any frequency you want. You need to enter the pitch and duration of the tone, and the app will take care of the rest. This is an excellent option if you need to create a tone for a project or if you want to experiment with different frequencies. The Tone Generator app allows users to generate any frequency tone they desire. The app is easy to use and can be customized to create the tones that are most important to you. It is perfect for use in meditation, stress relief, and relaxation. The app is available on both iOS and Android devices. Users input the desired frequency into the app, and it will generate a tone corresponding to that frequency.
The benefits of using a tone generator
The benefits of using atone generator can be immense. This tone generator can send electrically generated audio pulses to specific components in audio equipment. This helps test the audio equipment and can also be used to generate tones for use in electronic music production. Many different tones can be generated using a tone generator. These tones can produce dial tones on telephones or for other purposes, such as sirens in ambulances or VIP vehicles. They can also generate melody tunes in toys, doorbells, or other devices. The tone generator is simple to operate and has a variety of functions, such as testing loudspeakers, checking the quality of headphones, and calibrating sound equipment.
How to use an online tone generator
You can use an online tone generator to get a starting point if you’re ever feeling lost when trying to perfect your online voice. There are many different generators available, so it’s essential to find one that fits your tone and personality. Some tips for using a tone generator include choosing a generator that’s comfortable for you, finding a generator that reflects your voice, and tweaking the results until you’re happy with them.
- To play a continuous tone, click PLAY or press the Space key.
- Then change the frequency, drag the slider, or press ALT and ALT.
- Then change the frequency by 1 Hz, press Control and Control, and 0.01 Hz by pressing Ctrl and Ctrl-Shift; to change by 0.001 Hz, press Ctrl-Shift and Ctrl-Shift; to change by 0.01 Hz, press Ctrl and Ctrl-Shift ;
- Click the button to change the wave type from a sine wave (pure tone) to a square, sawtooth wave.
- You can select and mix audio tones by opening the Online Tone Generator in several browser windows.
If you’re looking for an online tone generator to help you manage your mood, whether it’s for work or leisure, the Online Generator is a great place to start. There’s something for everyone with over a dozen different sounds and tones. So if you’re looking to up your mood and feel more productive or want to take the edge off when things are getting tough, Online Generator is perfect for you!
News5 months ago
8 Birthday Gift Ideas for Friends or Family Who ‘Have Everything
News6 months ago
TinyZone – Free Streaming Site to Watch Movies and Shows
News6 months ago
plex online login
News6 months ago
Y2mate perfect YouTube video downloader and converter
News5 months ago
Free iPhone 12 from the Government￼
Tech5 months ago
5 Common Acer Laptop Problems
News6 months ago
How the Secret ‘Project Galileo’ Gave Rise to the MoonSwatch￼
Education4 months ago
WwwDadeschool Net Student Login Guide